January 24, 2019 2 min to read
Review: Shattered Fate by T.L. Anderson
Category : Reviews
That was ten years ago, and now I’m running from a man who took a vow to protect me but instead left scars across my mind and body.
They say you won’t understand love until you’re older. But I knew more love at 17 than I do now at 27. Because love shouldn’t hurt you. It shouldn’t almost destroy you. Love shouldn’t break vows.
Ashley. The only girl I ever gave my heart to. I planned on marrying her. That is, until I screwed up and made a decision at 17 that put us on a cataclysmic path of destruction.
Now, I’m trying to chase away the demons of my past and survive the days atoning for my sins.
Until I see her again. Everything I thought I did right ten years ago, comes back to haunt me in the hazel eyes of the only girl I ever loved.
Standalone Second Chance Romance
This book contains sensitive subject matter and graphic scenes.
Genre: Romance – Suspense, Dark, Second-Chance
Part of a Series: I hope so
POV: Mostly Ashley
Steam Level: Some warm moments
Have you ever read a book that left you with no words, that leaves you breathless, makes you want to continue to the end but also not because then it will end? That was my reaction of Shattered Fate. Shattered Fate is graphic and heart-wrenching. A story of fear and survival, healing and second chances. While graphic at times, the violence is used as a catalyst. You can feel Ashley’s emotions, anxiety and guilt. With T.L. Anderson you enter the mind-space of a survivor, which isn’t for the faint of heart. This is a story that needs to be told, to be heard. Anyone can fall victim to domestic violence and T.L. Anderson does a great job showing us this in Shattered Fate. This new-to-me author just got herself a new reader. I truly hope that Mia gets her own story so that we can revisit Ashley and Colton and read more of T.L. Anderson’s work.
I received this book for free from the author. This is my hones and voluntary review.
- Abuse doesn’t discriminate and anyone can be affected by it.
- He can never take away the beauty of your spirit.
- When life becomes all about surviving the moment or day you can do anything.
- Shit, I don’t swear like a sailor. I enunciate my words, so that it makes me a lady.
- We all have our issues. As long as we don’t stay stuck in them forever and fight our way out we’ll be okay.
- I have to believe there’s more to this world than what we see on the outside. Everything has a story and a soul.
- Some are more scarred than others, but they still hold memories good and bad.
- True love, the kind that buries deep inside your soul and stays with you.
Click Here to buy Shattered Fate by T.L. Anderson from Amazon.