September 19, 2019 3 min to read
Review: Just Her Bodyguard by Charity Ferrell
Category : Reviews
After going through a messy public breakup, I’ve sworn off dating.
That pact changes when my new bodyguard walks through the front door.
Hudson is nothing like the men in the industry.
He’s callous, cold, and doesn’t want to spend a second longer with me than he has to.
All that changes when I start to defrost his iciness and find the real man hidden inside.
I want nothing to do with the Hollywood life.
Having my face plastered on magazine covers does not sound like a good time.
This job is temporary and was taken as a favor to my brother taking care of his sick wife.
My problem? I get to know the real Stella, not the woman seen on TV.
I try to fight my attraction and keep our relationship professional until she lays an offer on the table: sex while I’m here and then we go our separate ways.
How can I say no to that?
**NOTE: Just Her Bodyguard was previously titled as Make Me Yours.
Genre:Romance – Bodyguard, Hollywood, Small Town
Standalone: Yes It does start to set up the second book but doesn’t leave you hanging
Part of a Series; Yes Book 1 of the Blue Beech series
POV: Hudson and Stella
Steam Level: Slow Burn to toasty
Just Her Bodyguard is the first book I’ve read by Charity Ferrell it was sweet, sexy, and fun. It was a great mix of human and steam, love and drama. Hudson is from a small town and becomes Stella’s bodyguard in Hollywood after a nasty breakup. Just Her Bodyguard explores themes of love, devotion, and appearances. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more in this series.
I received a copy of this book from the author. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- Ass whoopings may come and go, but the memories stay with you forever.
- Alcohol is like a therapist. It puts you all in your feelings until eventually, you blurt out everything that’s bothering you.
- Without hope, you have nothing.
- Memories can be the scariest motherfuckers to haunt you at night.
- Does he think I’m a creep for hitting on him all of the time? Does he consider that sexual harassment? Is he going to sue my ass because I want to get a piece of his?
- Don’t be afraid to love someone. Love is one of the biggest risks we take because we don’t know if it’s going to thrive or burn to the ground and take us along with it. But the risk is worth the sting.
- You didn’t choose the starlet life. The starlet life choose you.
- “How come whenever the brain and the heart fight, it’s always the liver that suffer?” “Because it’s the easier place to take our anger out on.”
- Time isn’t something that’s promised to anyone-no matter how rich, how young, or how healthy you are. You can lose everything in the blink of an eye.
- “How can you sound so smart yet like an asshole at the same time?”…”It’s one of my many talents.”
- “We all stalk people when we’re in love.”…”Pretty sure stalking is illegal whether you’re in love with a person or not.”
- Love can build up over time, or it can tear into you like a storm-sweeping you off your feet, and you have no idea what happened. You have no time to prepare yourself for the happiness of surviving or for the devastation of heartache.
- I thought I was hitting rock bottom, but I was really smacking face first into the foundation of who I was and what I wanted.
Click Here to buy Just Her Bodyguard by Charity Farrell