September 19, 2019 2 min to read
Review: Just Neighbors by Charity Ferrell
Category : Reviews
Kyle Lane is the town’s hottest cop.
He’s also the man I’ve despised since high school.
Each morning, he stands on his porch with an annoying smirk on his perfect face.
He’s made it his life’s mission to get under my skin.
Until one day, he’s no longer on his porch but on mine.
He claims he wants to redeem himself for ruining my reputation.
My instincts tell me to stay away, but with each morning he shows up, it becomes harder and harder to resist his charm.
I was never supposed to fall in love with my neighbor and once he finds out my secret, we’ll forever be enemies.
(An enemies to lover romance.)
Genre: Romance – Enemies-to-Lovers, neighbors, second-chance
Part of a Series: Yes Book 4 of the Blue Beech series
POV: Chloe and Kyle
Steam Level: Toasty
I binged this series and have truly enjoyed it. The characters memorable, the stories sweet and sexy, emotional and engrossing. These stories are not for the faint of heart. They deal with issues of trauma and triumph. Like life, they can be ugly and devastating but like a good romance love conquers and makes you stronger. I hope that there are more to this series. I really enjoy Charity Ferrell’s writing and I’m glad that I discovered her writing.
I received a copy of this book for free. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- His voice and I share a love-hate relationship. It makes my panties wet, but I wish it belonged to someone who wasn’t an asshole.
- I’m curious if he’ll carry on his half-naked greeting when winter hits. Fingers crossed his balls freeze off.
- Kyle volunteered for Chloe babysitting duty-not surprising. He’s always enjoyed being in charge and bossing people around. Sober me does not like him being in charge and bossy. But drunk me-good ole stupid, drunk me-loves his authority.
- Five days out of the week, my mornings consist of showering, pouring myself a cup of coffee, and then walking outside to fuck with Chloe before she leaves for work. I consider it our cute little routine. She most likely thinks of it as a prologue to the day she murders my ass.
- Hurt people hurt other people. Misery loves company.
- “Hate is an expensive grievance to carry in life. It shortens your life span, triggers depression, interrupts sleep-” “I’ve hated you for years, so what harm is a little more?”
- “You can’t extort me to go to dinner with you by orgasm.” “I can convince you to do anything I want with my fingers…With my tongue…And with my cock when the time comes. I can do whatever I want, Chloe. It’s the first thing you need to accept in our relationship.” “We don’t have a relationship.”
- If someone wants time with someone, they make it, no matter what.
- Broken people seek out other broken people.
Click Here to buy Just Neighbors by Charity Ferrell from Amazon.