I give myself very good advice. Too bad I suck at taking it.
If only Colin and I hadn’t drunk so much whiskey, if only I’d kept that red bikini in my suitcase, if only his evil ex-girlfriend hadn’t come sniffing around making me feel territorial and protective.
Not that my bad boy rock star best friend is any help. Walking around looking ridiculously sexy, telling me I’m perfect in that panty-melting voice of his when we both swore we’d never do anything to put our friendship at risk. And Colin never breaks a promise.
But then, he has no idea I’ve secretly been in love with him for years.
I guess I should just enjoy the ride, but I can’t stop thinking about what happens with this vacation ends and I head home alone, nursing one hell of a bangover…
The Bangover is a red-hot, laugh out loud rom-com featuring two best friends on a collision course with Vegas-flavored disaster–and each other. It stands alone. No cheating or cliffhangers.
Title: The Bangover
Author: Lili Valente
Genre: Romance – Comedy, Suspense, Friends-to-Lovers, Rockstar
Part of a Series: No – but it could be
POV: Collin and Kirby
Steam Level: slow burn to steamy
The Bangover is a cute romantic comedy with the perfect amount of suspense to keep you reading and guessing. The puns were a fun part of this boom and kept me smiling throughout.
I received an advanced copy of this book. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- Colin has superhero-like senses and reflexes. If he weren’t a rock star, he could be a ninja assassin or a cat burglar or something more wholesome that involves a similar skill set, but which I can’t think of at the moment because my mind is not naturally inclined to weave wholesome stories.
- Weird can be good.
- I’m fluent in feline, but cats like to keep people guessing.
- Turns out loneliness isn’t something that goes away when you become rich and famous. In fact, sometimes it just gets worse.
- My heart is a stubborn fool who wants things it will never have, but it’s also a realist who doesn’t want to be alone forever.
- Touching him makes me feral.
- Murder doesn’t usually bite people-except for Colin-but he comes by his name honestly.
- Sex is a natural, no-big deal type of thing the animals. People are the only species that make it weird.
- Colin is gravity, a law of nature I can’t escape and wouldn’t want to.
- “Why are you so comfortable asking uncomfortable questions?” “Born that way….And probably poor boundaries, but boundaries are overrated. Especially with people you care about. Why should I ignore your weirdness and let you keep believing dumb things about yourself?”
- He’s more than my kindred-spirit friend. He’s my brain’s favorite sparring buddy, my vagina’s most treasured companion, and such a big chunk of my heart that if he were ever cut out of it, I’m not sure I’d survive the separation.
- Too many people take tomorrow for granted, thinking they have all the time in the world to get over their fears and hang-ups and start really living.
Click Here to buy The Bangover by Lili Valente from Amazon