May 26, 2020 2 min to read
Review: Luca by Nyssa Kathryn
Category : Reviews
Former Navy SEAL, Luca Kirwin, is both well trained and deadly. Recruited into a non-government sanctioned project, he was turned into a weapon. Now, with the help of his team, Luca must find every last soul who was responsible for the project and make them pay. When a new neighbor with alluring green eyes moves in next door, his instincts tell him to trust her – but could she be one of the enemies they’re searching for?
Evie Scott can’t afford a relationship. She was in a one once and it almost killed her. Running and hiding has become her normal. But when her new neighbor gives her a job in the small town of Marble Falls, avoiding him becomes almost impossible. While protecting her secrets, Evie begins to suspect Luca has his own. Can he protect her from her past or will it destroy them both?
Author: Nyssa Kathryn
Genre: Romantic Suspense, military, SEAL
Standalone: ish Read the prequel Uncovering Project Arma if you want to know about the project and see more on Eden, the last chapter leads into the next book which is Eden’s
Part of a Series: Book 1 of the Project Arma Series
POV: Evie and Luca
Steam Level: slow burn to toasty
Luca was a gripping romantic suspense Evie’s story may be a trigger for some readers. The flashbacks are haunting but Nyssa Kathryn uses Evie’s experiences to make her stronger. I loved how Luca builds on Evie’s strength and determination to survive. This is a great story to what seems like it could be an epic series. I love these warriors who work harder and love harder. I cannot wait to read Eden’s story.
I received an advanced copy of this book. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- She was all soft and delicate, where he was hard and not delicate.
- Tonight would be the first night of their relationship. Evie just didn’t know it yet.
- I generally know when I’m not going to be honest. It’s almost always premeditated.
- You can’t waste your life running forever.
- Trying not to like you is like the most exhausting thing I have ever had to do.
- When someone treats you like shit for long enough, you start believing you are as worthless as they say.
- I can’t protect you from the past, and that kills me.
- You being here is the most healing I’ve experiences since I got away.
- “You’re too good to me Luca.” “I’m trying to entice you into never leaving me, sweetheart. It’s actually quite selfish, trust me.”
Click Here to buy Luca by Nyssa Kathryn