Always remember the lies I’ve told.
Never trust anyone.
Shadows of my past still cling to me like filth. No matter how far I try to run, it’s always there—a dark reminder of the secrets I carry.
The walls I built around me are there for a reason. So when Jackson starts breaking them down brick by brick, I fall deeper into him, breaking my own damn rules.
I should have known better. I shouldn’t have let my guard down. By letting Jackson become a part of my life I allowed the shadows to sink their claws into him as well.
My secrets are hanging by a thread, and it’s only a matter of time before they’re exposed.
Murder wasn’t my first choice…but we do what we have to in order to survive.
Jagged Edges is book two in the Shattered Fate Series that follows Mia and Jackson’s story.
*This book contains sensitive subject matter and graphic scenes.*
Title: Jagged Edges
Author: T.L. Anderson
Genre: Romantic Suspense, dark
Part of a Series: Book 2 of the Shattered Fate series
Steam Level: Slow burn to toasty
Jagged Edges, the second book of the Shattered Fate series features Mia, who we met in the first book Shattered Fate. You don’t need to read Shattered Fate first but I recommend it so you get to know Mia and some of the other side characters.
Jagged Edges was just as gripping and haunting as Shattered Fate. The twists and turns were throughout. Mia is such a strong character – a fighter and a survivor.
This book isn’t for the faint of heart: It’s dirty and gritty. Mia’s emotions and struggles are palpable. However if you’re looking for a fantastic read by a great new author then pick up this series where the women are strong, fight to survive, and learn to love after trauma.
I received an advanced copy of this book. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- A small laugh slips past my lips as I take in the massive mess my life and now my bed is. Nothing like seeing a flection of your chaos surrounding your paling legs in the morning.
- I don’t believe in self-pity, nah. I’m too strong to wallow in that shit. But I do have a pretty stellar sense of humar with how life has treated me so far. If I didn’t I have a feeling I wouldn’t be sitting here in this plush apartment, covered in dirt and mud while laughing like a maniacal psychopath. No, I’d be locked up in a white room with only a mattress to sit on, while I laughed manically.
- I’ve been running for so long I forgot what normal felt like.
- I suppose drinking until I pass out may look like it’s destructive, but it’s better than what goes on in my mind when I’m not drinking.
- There’s too many jagged edges to me and I didn’t want to see him get cut.
- I can’t remember the last time someone made me feel this way. Made me feel so alive even when I’m pretty sure I’m dead inside.
- I’m not even sure what ladylike has to do with it, that’s an outdated term to make women feel like they need to pretend to be something different than themselves.
- I wonder what that feels like, to have someone’s love burn so bright for you that you are blind to everything around you. I imagine it would feel like fate or some other sappy shit, but deep down I wish I could experience it for myself.
- I think my heart just hog tied my brain and is now chasing after Jackson’s heart.
- People change and sometimes they can’t go back to who they once were.
- His smile gets bigger and two little dimples appear at his cheeks. I swear, I might as well stop wearing underwear around this man at this rate. Either I’ll be tearing them off or they’ll be soaked every five minutes.
Click Here to buy Jagged Edges by T.L. Anderson from Amazon