Our marriage has been tested, repeatedly.
It’s been dragged through tabloids and rumors and fans that just won’t let us be.
Through it all, we’ve remained unbreakable.
We didn’t have the perfect marriage because perfection doesn’t exist.
But we had love. We had trust. We had chemistry that to this day sets everything inside me on fire.
Then one life-threatening statement creates a chain of lies that leaves me no choice but to say those horrible words.
I never thought I’d say them.
I never thought my husband would ignore me when I did.
I never thought the man I love would sever the vows we took.
I never thought I’d pack my bags and move from our home in L.A. to our getaway cottage in Hermosa Beach.
Then again, I never thought he’d choose the fate of his life over his fate with me.
Title: Fateful Fighter
Author: Kathy Coopmans
Genre: Romance???, Sports (boxing)
Part of a Series; A Cocky Hero Club Novel
POV: Eden and Mason
Steam Level: Steamy at times
I was super excited to have the opportunity to read Kathy Coopmans’ addition to the Cocky Hero Club. I’ve listened to and loved several of her books in audio. Fateful Fighter was a disappointment and I forced myself to finish it. The hurtfulness and ugliness Mason and Eden spewed at each other in anger was toxic. I was irritated with both of them.
I received an advanced copy of this book and I hope that there will be a major edit between the version I received and the published one. The amount of typos (especially to vs. too) throughout was distracting and detracted even more from this story. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- “You are worth everything to me. My beginning. My middle. My end” Eden is the total tally on a scorecard with me, the winner.
- Bitch has lady balls. I’ll give her that.
- You walking out made me realize I don’t need to get ina ring. The one I wear on my finger is more important.
- Whoever said words would never hurt, is full of shit. They cut more than anything. They discharge right out of someone’s mouth sharper than a point on an error and shred your insides apart.
- Emotions get the best of us, Eden. They are fickle little bitches.
- Being stubborn is like a massive boulder, it won’t budge. Being determined is willing to make a change, and plow full steam ahead.
Click Here to by Fateful Fighter by Kathy Coopmans