July 6, 2018 3 min to read
Review: Hating You, Loving You by Crystal Kaswell
Category : Reviews
Nice to see you, sunshine, wearing black again?
Dean Maddox spent high school pushing all my buttons.
Seven years later, we’re working together. So much has changed, but he’s the same arrogant jerk with the same penchant for teasing me senselessly.
I still want to slap the cocky smirk from his face. And tear off his clothes. And kiss him like the ship is going down.
I hate him. I want him. I can’t…
No, I will stop thinking about him.
Seven years ago, I took Chloe’s v*rginity. It was supposed to cure my cravings for the pint-sized spitfire. But now that she’s working under me…
The more she glares, the more I want her.
The more I tease, the more she stares.
The more I brag about my Prince Albert…
Let’s just say it’s obvious she’s picturing me naked.
She owns my thoughts as much as I own hers.
I should stay away. She’s my subordinate. She’s off limits.
But there’s no way I can resist her.
Hating You, Loving You is a standalone enemies to lovers romance featuring a cocky alpha hero and the strong, sassy heroine who brings him to his knees. Come see why readers say “no one writes broken bad boys like Crystal Kaswell.”
Genre: Romance – Second chance, enemies to lovers, office
Part of a Series: Yes Book 4 of the Inked Hearts Series
POV: Dean and Chloe
Steam Level: Slow Burn
I love this series! Throughout this series we’ve gotten to know Dean and his shenanigans. But we’ve also gotten glimpses of his soft underbelly, especially in his brother Ryan’s book. Crystal Kaswell does his book so well, well worth the wait. Hating You, Loving You is emotional, sweet, funny, sexy and just perfect for Dean. By now, readers of this series know Dean and his mouth (if you haven’t read this rest I highly recommend it – but only because it’s an AWESOME series, not because you need to in order to enjoy this book.) Chloe is his perfect match. She’s serious but also learning to seize life again. She sees through his act, calls him out on it, and in turn, lightens up. Hating You, Loving You is a fantabulous enemies-to=lovers, second-chance romance that will leave you smiling, swooning, crying, and rooting for these two in their journey to love and trust each other.
I received an advanced copy for this book for free from this author. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- Which is worse-stupidity or apathy?
- Her hate fuels me. It feels good. There must be something wrong with me, but I don’t care.
- I flip him off. He chuckles. I want to slap him. And kiss him. It’s weird.
- Hate is the other side of love. They’re both passions that consume you. That encourage you to throw away every bit of reason. That keep you up at night.
- “A hundred bucks says I keeps it in my pants.””Bet you’ve never said those word in that order”
- Expectations lead to disappointment. To hurt. To betrayal.
- Keeping shit light is easier. safer. Infinitely more comfortable.
- Nobody needs to know how I feel about Chloe. I don’t even understand how I feel about Chloe.
- “You’re deflecting like a fucking mirror.” “Mirrors reflect.” “Whatever, you know what I mean.”
- I love the way you hate me.
- How the hell do you let yourself need someone? Trust them? Trust yourself to be there for them?
- I can’t imagine a universe where I don’t want to protect you.
- You look at me like I’m worth your time. Like you see this guy who can be better. When I see that in your eyes, I want it. I want to be better. I want to earn your respect. Your trust. Your love.
- He looks down at me like I’m his salvation.
- Any many more…
Click Here to buy Hating You, Loving You by Crystal Kaswell from Amazon.