March 25, 2020 2 min to read
Review: Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire by Pippa Grant
Category : Reviews
Never borrow pants from your brother. Especially if he’s a size smaller than you are, because all that pressure in the junk will short-circuit your brain.
And you’ll lie to a woman in a club about your real name.
Leave her unsatisfied after making out in a bathroom.
Then find out that she’s the one thing standing in the way of your dreams. And she very much doesn’t like being lied to.
Now I have to convince Lila Valentine—the woman I can’t stop thinking about, my biggest regret, and my new boss—that I’m what’s best for the baseball team she’s inherited.
If we can’t work together to save the Fireballs, the commissioner’s forcing a sale and moving them across the country.
I’ll do anything to save my home team.
But the one thing I can’t do?
Keep my hands to myself.
Which would be fine, if she hadn’t been telling me lies this whole time too.
Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire is a rocking fun romance between a single dad obsessed with baseball, an heiress with secrets, baseball pants, a rundown team, and rabid ducks. It stands alone and comes with a guaranteed happily-ever-after.
Title: Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire
Author: Pippa Grant
Genre: Romantic comedy, Rockstar, Single Dad, Sports (Baseball)
Part of a Series: Bro Code book 3
POV: Tripp and Lila
Steam Level: Sets off fire alarms
Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire is another winner from Pippa Grant. There are so many reasons why I loved this book so hard – Including but not limited to:
1. A sexy single-dad who’s obsessive over his kids and germs
2. An undercover heiress who pushes his limits and boundaries
3. Catching up with old friends (whose books you don’t have to read but should because they’re amazing)
4. Laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe (a normal reaction to Pippa Grant’s books)
5. Unexpected wildlife and many, many more!
I stayed up way later than I should have while reading Tripp and Lila’s story. Tripp’s kids are the cutest ever.
I received this book for free but you can bet I’ll be buying this when it goes on sale.
- I didn’t realize I could yell in a breathy seductive voice, but look at that. I’m getting it done.
- If people would embrace their own awkward more instead of trying to conform to some random normal defined by people who probably have bigger problems that the rest of us, can you imagine how much more humanity could accomplish?
- Ambushes are best served over banana pudding.
- Grief makes a person do a lot of things they wouldn’t normally do. And attraction makes a person overlook more than they should.
- “You drive me insane twenty hours a day and I still want you.”…”Attraction is eighty percent insanity.”
- “Kissing and throttling aren’t normally exclusive with you.”
- I know you’re not perfect, but you don’t have to be for me.
- And there’s that stubbornness that both irritates the shit out of me, and also turns me on. Determination is sexy.
- Her kind of lonely speaks to my kind of lonely. Maybe I’m insane. Or maybe we’re exactly what we both need.
Click Here to buy Liar, Liar, Hearts on Fire by Pippa Grant from Amazon