My son is my life. Nothing on earth matters but him.
Soon, I’ll have to send him out into society. The cruel machine that gnashes innocence and spits out the hollowed remains of a child’s imagination. It’s a place I know all too well, considering my past. I’ve worked hard to separate myself from it, but it looms in the back of my mind–waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
My son, Logan, wants to have birthday parties, make friends, play at the park–all the normal things that seven-year olds want to do. All the things I want to do with him.
I’ve put up walls around our life to shield us from danger. Giant barriers to ward off possible threats.
Cora Chapman crashes through them like a wrecking ball. She’s intelligent and hilarious with soft curves and a spark that ignites a flame deep inside of me.
There’s only one problem–she’s Logan’s teacher.
When my past wraps its tentacles around my throat and threatens to strangle the breath from my lungs, I’m given an option–fight for my family’s freedom, or die as they’re stripped away from me.
I can’t lose. I won’t lose.
My name is Landon Lane and I am a warrior.
Genre: Romance – Suspense, Single Dad, Military, MMA
Part of a Series: No
POV: Landon and Cora
Steam-Level: Quite toasty at times
Bad Dad is the perfect mix of suspense, action, steam and humor and the lengths people will go to protect their family. It’s one of those intense, gripping read that won’t let you go and stays with you afterward. Landon’s lessons to Logan about what it means to be a man were sweet, beautiful, and is something that should be passed on to children. Sloane Howell is a master at his craft and a great perspective to the romance genre. Bad Dad made me go from liking his work to loving it and wanting to devour even more. If you’re looking for a romantic suspense full of intensity – action, loyalty, and love then pick up Bad Dad. You’ll be glad you did.
- She rested her palms on her hips. I stared at her hands. Mine belonge
- I wanted more than to be her friend…I wanted to feed her, protect her, never let her out of my sight.
- There was no way she could tell him no….The kid was a saint, but it didn’t mean he didn’t use his powers mischievously on occasion.
- My mind had taken up residence in the gutter the second I’d laid eyes on him, and it refused to leave.
- Hormones were real assholes. They made you stupid.
- When you love something, or someone, it’s an exchange of control. You give up some of your power in exchange for those feelings.
- She was my drug of choice and I needed a fix in the worst way.
- And so, so many more
Click Here to buy Bad Dad by Sloane Howell from Amazon.