Emily is working her way under my skin…
…and I’m letting her.
I sleep while chaos swirls around me, and all I can do is watch as anarchy brews. Recklessly, I seek comfort in a stranger, and somehow, I’ve let Emily thread our futures together. I should be thinking about saving my brother, but right now, she’s at the forefront of my mind.
I have to get her out of here.
I have to keep her safe…
At all costs.
Genre: Dark Romance, Suspense, Underground Fighting
Standalone: No – Read book 1 (Blood & Rust) first, also, cliffhanger
Part of a Series: Yes – Book 2 of the New York Crime Kings series
POV: Jai & Emily
Steam Level: Warm
The intrigue and suspense continues in Sin & Secrets, the second book in the New York Crime Kings series. I’m normally not a fan of Cliffhangers but this series is very well written. It’s fast-paced and sucks you in. The twists and turns are breathtaking. Sin & Secrets keeps you on the edge of you seat, rooting for Jai and Emily. Deadly secrets are revealed and you don’t know who to trust. Sin & Secrets is also quite funny, with the humor helping to break up the tension. I found myself laughing out loud at times while gasping and biting my nails.
- The trick to destroying anyone is to be emotionless. I learned that a long time ago. You have to dehumanize them—see them as a sack of meat without a family; without a face.
- That’s the thing about revenge. It’s not a temporary state of mind. It’s a sickness, a disease that consumes you inch by inch until nothing else matters.
- I don’t mean to be an asshole, but I can’t help it. I open my mouth and it comes out.
- I hate that today is one of those days my panties are clean and dry. Why couldn’t I’ve had my shit together tomorrow?
- His voice, the pained huskiness of it, is the tip of the orgasm iceberg and I hit it, like the Titanic, and split in two.
- I hate sympathy. It’s an emotion people show when they think you’re not capable of handling things yourself. Fuck sympathy.
- It’s a pissing contest and my bladder is full.
Click Here to buy Sin & Secrets by Skyla Madi from Amazon.