May 15, 2018 2 min to read
Review: Scoring the Quarterback by S.M. Soto
Category : Reviews
These three qualities alone should’ve had me running for the hills. I tried to steer clear of him, I really did, but it was an impossible feat. Luke Caldwell was nothing if not persistent, and the way he bulldozed through my life, not taking no for an answer is proof of it.
I tried to stay away from him.
I wanted to hate him. But I couldn’t. Luke was nothing like the idiot jock I pegged him out to be. He became a friend, a confidant, and after one unforgettable night, he became so much more.
Whatever this is between us, it’s impossible to ignore. I just hope when all is said and done, I won’t be burned by the college bad boy.
Genre: Romance, sports, friends-to-lovers
Part of a Series: Yes Book 2 of The San Diegan series
POV: Mostly Natalia but some Luke later in the book
Steam Level: Warm
Scoring the Quarterback was such a fun read. I devoured it quickly. I loved the push and pull between the characters. It was both cheeky and brash, yet sweet and heartwarming. I laughed out loud at some parts and my heart broke at others. Overall it was a fun book that I had a hard time putting down. S.M. Soto is definitely a new author to watch. This is the first book I’ve read of hers but it definitely won’t be the last. If you like football romance then pick up Scoring the Quarterback.
I received an advanced copy of this book for free. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- I have to keep telling myself it’s not okay to punch a drunk person. Let alone punch your drunk sister.
- I feel his voice in my stomach. That’s not good. Voices should stop at the ears, but his- no, his voice travels throughout my entire body.
- Why do hot guys always smell so good? It’s unfair. You can’t be completely gorgeous and smell delicious too. It’s just not fair tot he rest of the decent looking population
- He winks at me and I know in that moment, without a doubt, this is a test from God. He’s testing me, making sure I won’t murder someone out of anger. It all makes sense now.
- I need coffee. A huge pot of coffee. Or crack.
- I can’t ignore the butterflies that always see to take flight in my chest….My body’s reaction to this man is visceral.
- “I thought you weren’t going to kiss me anymore?”…”I lied.”
- We all make mistakes that we regret…It’s the actions we take to fix those mistakes that really matter.
Click Here to buy Scoring the Quarterback by S.M. Soto from Amazon.