May 8, 2019 2 min to read
Review: Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson
Category : Reviews
“A fizzy, engrossing new voice in the genre.”—Entertainment Weekly
“Reckless love is crazy addictive—and being called lass makes you feel all tingly.”—Cosmopolitan
IT’S TIME TO FLIRT WITH A MAN IN A KILT
Cassie Crow, a pop-culture reporter for a TV talk show, is focused on becoming a “serious” journalist. But when she stumbles into a kilted Highlander with a killer accent, Cassie decides that taking one night off from work and spending it with a sexy Scot couldn’t hurt. . .
Logan Reid has built a career on his charm, hosting a series of off-the-wall hijinks on the Web. But when the Scottish prankster meets the all-American, equal parts intelligent and irresistible Cassie, Logan realizes that one night of fun won’t be enough. Could it be that this career-focused, commitment-phobic couple is finally ready to take a chance at true and lasting love?
“Witty, sexy, and oh-so-fun. . .Melonie Johnson is an addictive new voice in contemporary romance.” —New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julie Ann Walker
Title: Getting Hot with the Scot
Author: Melonie Johnson
Genre: Romance – Contemporary, Comedy
Part of a Series: Yes Book 1 of the Sometimes in Love series
POV: Cassie and Logan
Steam Level: Toasty warm
Getting Hot with the Scot was a super cute, thought-provoking novel packed with humor, love, friendship, and a great message. Getting Hot with the Scot is Melonie Johnson’s debut novel. It kept me smiling throughout. I enjoyed discovering a new author whose books are a perfect mix of fantasy and realism, humor and passion, sweet and sexy. I’d love to see an epilogue but maybe we’ll see more of Logan and Cassie in the other books of this series.
I received an advanced copy of this book. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- “Praise Jesus,” Sadie exhaled, raising her palms to the rafters. Bonnie’s forehead puckered, “I thought you were Jewish,” “She is.” Ana smirked, “But she goes all holy roller when she’s horny.”
- How could you know what meal you liked best if you always ordered the same thing from the menu?
- Temptation shadowed her footsteps, and nipping at her heels was temptation’s insidious twin-rationalization.
- Sometimes it’s hard to prepare yourself when you don’t know what life is going to throw at you.
- People plan and God laughs.
- When good things happen, try not to question it.
- What’s past hope is past care.
- Nobody should ever be ashamed of what they read…If you love romance novels, fine. If you love comic books, great. Crime stories? Thrillers? Sci-Fi…anything goes.
- It was true enough no one could predict what would happen next, but the fact things could change at any moment shouldn’t be a reason to avoid life – to avoid love. If anything, it was the very reason to jump in with both feet and cram in as much life as you could.
Click Here to buy Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson from Amazon.