September 3, 2019 3 min to read
Review: Hitched by Pippa Grant and Lili Valente
Category : Reviews
She’s the last woman on earth I’d marry….again.
Yet here I am.
Saying my vows. Again.
To save an alpaca.
At least, that’s my story.
But the truth might be a little more complicated.
I didn’t want to let her go the first time. But now I have a second chance to win over my wife.
We’re older. Wiser. And hornier.
This time, I won’t fail.
Hitched is a red hot, enemies-to-lovers laugh-a-palooza featuring a girl in need of a marriage of convenience and a man in need of a cold shower to keep from falling for his fake wife. They say opposites attract, but with Blake and Hope, they also combust…
Author: Pippa Grant and Lili Valente
Genre: Romantic Comedy – Second Chance, Enemies to Lovers, Fake Marriage
Part of a Series: Yes Book 3 in the Happy Cat series
POV: Hope and Blake
Steam Level: Slow Burn to steamy
If you read the first two Happy Cat books Hosed and Hammered (especially Hammered) you get to see a glimpse into Hope and Blake’s relationship. They fight like crazy with each other but get along with most everyone else. In Hitched we find out why and get to see them get together to save a very special animal and their marriage. I liked how Pippa Grant and Lili Valente did the conflict in this book as more external that bring Blake and Hope together, than tearing them apart. It was sweet and definitely needed – especially for Hope.
I adore both Hope and Blake. Hitched is sweet and funny and LOVED meeting Clint, Blake, Jace and Ryan’s bada$$ Marine, baby brother as he scares misbehaving humans and animals straight (I cannot wait to read his story!). One of the many joys about reading this series (and all of Pippa Grant’s books) is the animal names. We met Chewpaca in Hammered but he now has a friend whose name I’m not giving away but is brilliant. If you’re looking for a sweet and hilarious romantic comedy with adorable animals and plotting, yet supportive townspeople then pick up Hitched. You’ll find all that and more in this visit to Happy Cat, Georgia.
I received an advanced copy of this book for free. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- Maybe it’s wrong to look forward to torturing my ex-wife with our second ill-advised marriage. But if it’s wrong, I don’t want to be right.
- A talented man’s tongue is better than a bucketful of sex toys.
- If I’m going to short out, kissing this woman is a hell of a way to go.
- Fighting with Hope is more fun that making love to most women.
- I’m gonna make this real. Operation: Real Romance, here I come.
- The sight of his bare chest and those cords of muscle in his forearms makes my clitoris politely inquire as to why we made him sleep on the couch last night. But I tell her to hush and promise her a trip to the sex toy factory very soon.
- It’s often the people who are supposed to love us the most who let us down the hardesst.
- I debate the merits of holding on to the last scraps of my resolve. What’s so great about resolve, anyway? Isn’t that just another way of saying you’re too stubborn to change your mind?
- Sometimes knowing what not to do is its own superpower.
- To bad being sick of Fear isn’t always enough to pry the bastard’s bony fingers from anround your throat.
Click Here to buy Hitched by Pippa Grant and Lili Valente from Amazon.