It was an accident.
At least I didn’t take much time to plan it. It was more of a spur of the moment kidnapping. Does that count?
One minute, the town’s bad boy is standing at the altar about to marry the world’s most evil kindergarten teacher. The next, he’s passed out in my Vespa sidecar with his bride hot on our tail.
But I didn’t have a choice! I couldn’t stand by and watch Jace O’Dell be blackmailed into a loveless marriage. And besides, what’s a little kidnapping between friends?
Okay, so maybe we’re not just friends…
And maybe I can’t quit thinking about that night at his bar when he closed up early and had me on the rocks.
And maybe this crazy stunt is going to blow up in both of our faces.
If it does, I’m blaming the moonshine.
Even though the only thing I’m hammered on when it comes to Jace is love—straight up, no chaser.
Author: Pippa Grant and Lili Valente
Genre: Romance – Comedy, small town
Part of a Series: Not sure if it has a name but it’s the second book featuring the O’Dell brothers in Happy Cat
POV: Jace and Olivia
Steam Level: toasty at times
I adore Pippa Grant (and now Lili Valente) and her (their) outrageousness. I always know that when I pick up one her (their) books I’ll be thoroughly entertained and Hammered was no exception. George Cooney continues to shine along with Chewpaca and the rest of the memorable characters in Happy Cat, GA. If you’re looking for a romantic comedy full of animals that steal the show then pick up Hammered. You’ll be glad you did.
- She looks straight through to my soul, as if the walls I’ve built to keep the world at a distance don’t exist.
- He’s hiding a huge heart under that grumpy bartender exterior.
- The laws don’t always get it right, and people make mistakes, but mistakes don’t define who we are.
- People do so much damage with their words, to each other, yes, but mostly, I’ve found, to themselves.
- She’s just a little odd sometimes, but aren’t we all?
- We all just need to live and let live and fly our freak flags high!
- Only keep a secret if the secret isn’t keeping you
- The world needs all of us with all of our various talents and gifts.
- Denial is what grown-ups do. They deny themselves permission to do things that are bad for them and force themselves to make reasonable choices.
- I want to be we
- “I’ve been trying so hard to do the right thing, but what’s right and what’s right felt so different,”
- She makes me feel worthy. And I want to prove I am.
- She’s the puzzle piece that fits after a lifetime of trying to put a corner piece into the center of the map.
- “It always hurts to grow. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, but we come out on the other side, and we’re better for it.”
Click Here to buy Hammered by Pippa Grant and Lili Valente