December 12, 2019 2 min to read
Review: Humbugged by Pippa Grant
Category : Reviews
So why does Clint O’Dell keep running through my thoughts wearing nothing but a Santa hat? And why do I stupidly agree that we should be Christmas friends with benefits?
Someone must have spiked my eggnog.
I don’t do Marines.
I learned my lesson about both the hard way.
But when Clint steps in to rescue me—from a murderous goose, a rogue reindeer, and the ghost of Christmas Right Now causing trouble in my bakery—I can’t help but wonder if we’re meant to be more than friends.
If maybe Clint is the holiday miracle I’ve been praying for…or if all the magic will disappear with the season.
Humbugged is a laugh out loud holiday romp featuring a Marine with a heart of gold and a baker in need of a hero. Complete with the world’s most awkward Christmas caroling, a photoshoot with furry friends, and more naughty baked goods than is good or decent.<
Author: Pippa Grant and Lili Valente
Genre: Romantic comedy, holiday, military
Part of a Series: book 4 in the Happy Cat series- you don’t need to have read the first thee books but it’s even better if you do
POV: Clint and Noelle
Steam Level: slow burn to steamy
Humbugged brings us back to Happy Cat, GA and is Clint’s story. Humbugged has all the ridiculousness I’ve come to expect from Pippa Grant and Lili Valente. The characters in the series are hilarious and Clint and Noelle’s book brings the holiday spirit.
I received this book for free. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- Too much living to do to stay still.
- Holiday jewelry is weirdly arousing.
- I’ll wait a damned long time for the good on Cupcake. She’s fascinating. A mystery. An adorable, intriguing mystery I’d like to solve one kiss at a time.
- Clint is bottled-up sunlight under pressure, on the verge of exploding and drenching the world with goodness.
- I’ve never seen him sparkle at anyone the way he was sparking at you last night. I didn’t know that he eyes could literally shoot lasers. The happy, sparkly kind of lasers, I mean….Though I should have, I guess, since he’s superhuman, if the memes are to be believed.
- You don’t need a perfect man. Just one who’s perfect for you.
- I possibly shouldn’t be this excited to see a woman who has made up her mind to resist me Rugged and Rambunctious Charm, but man the way she smiles at me…That smile sets my interest meter at twenty-seven out of ten.
- “I was kidding. Unless you’d rather I be serious. Then I was serious.”
- “You threatened my carrot. My carrot was unafraid. Flirting ensued.”
- And so, so many more
Click Here to buy Humbugged by Pippa Grant