January 17, 2020 2 min to read
Review: Stateless by Meli Raine
Category : Reviews
I lie for her.
I hunt for her.
I kill for her.
And above all, I betray my mission for her.
She doesn’t know why. She doesn’t care why.
Treason comes in many forms.
Love is one of them.
Our training taught me to be a sociopath. A machine. A pawn. Nothing more than a tool for a larger goal, without attachments or feelings.
Our teachers forgot one important detail:
Pawns shouldn’t have hearts.
Yet we do.
It turns out our emotions are our greatest weapon.
And I know exactly where mine are aimed.
The first in an all-new series by USA Today bestselling author Meli Raine.
Author: Meli Raine
Genre: Romantic Suspense, Political
Standalone: No – ends on a cliffhanger
Part of a Series: Book 1 of the Stateless Triology
POV: Kina and Callum
Steam Level: Just kissing between Kina and Callum some other dark sexual themes
Stateless is the first book in the Stateless trilogy. While, technically, this trilogy is a standalone it’s so much better if you read Meli Raine’s other trilogies (Breaking Away, Coming Home, Harmless, Shameless, and False). I started with the Harmless series and am definitely planning going back and reading both the Breaking Away and Coming Home trilogies and then rereading Harmless, Shameless, and Fase. All these trilogies interconnect and through these separate stories/characters tells a story of deep intrigue. The world that Meli Raine has built is suspenseful and gripping. You don’t know who to trust and who you can’t. Nothing is as it seems. The story in Stateless reveals even more secrets, truths you didn’t even know were false in earlier books. The layers of the onion are peeled back even further in Stateless to reveal just how much deeper the deceptions go and how infiltrated Stateless is. I cannot wait to see what happens to Callum and Kina now that some of the truths of their pasts are revealed.
I received this book for free. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- The only way to violate a government’s laws is to believe they are legitimate in the first place.
- No one who works in service to evil ever thinks that they’re bad themselves.
- Mercy is what the weak expect to be offered, as if we are as weak as they are.
- The only way to overthrow a society is to rise above it, to find its weakness and exploit them.
- Death by any name is just absence. The lack of presence. Why glorify it with a special term?
- Reality is what two or more people agree it is. There is no objective reality.
- Survival is stronger when people are attached. Who they are attached to does not matter as long as the bond is real.
- All we can do is plan and think and do our best.
Click Here to buy Stateless by Meli Raine from Amazon.