The easiest way to get over someone is to never see them again, right? So when my ex stomps on my heart and throws it into the ocean…I decide to spend my summer on the opposite side of the country.
And this summer is all about me. Mending my broken heart (screw all men). Figuring out what I want to do with my life (a life that thankfully does not include my ex). And trying to better myself (does eating ice cream count?).
But all of my perfect planning comes to a halt when the sexiest lifeguard in existence asks me out. I have to say no. It doesn’t matter that he’s built like a Greek god, has eyes the color of the ocean, or is hotter than a summer night. I’m going to say no, I swear. He’s going straight into the friend zone. Although, I’m pretty sure he’d be more delicious than any flavor of ice cream. Can’t I put him in the friend zone after just one taste?
*This is a standalone novel with a guaranteed Happily Ever After*
Title: Those Summer Nights
Author: Ivy Smoak
Part of a Series: Yes Book 2 of the Sweet Cravings series
Steam Level: Slow Burn to steamy
Ivy Smoak knows how to weave a story that’s both sweet and sexy, funny and heartbreaking. Although, Those Summer Nights is the second book in the Sweet Cravings Series it is a standalone . The couple from book one are Mila’s bosses. You briefly see them but there’s nothing pertinent from their story to thus one. Ivy Smoak is a masterful storyteller and it was fun not knowing Mila’s lifeguard’s name for ages. It made the flirting more fun.
I received this book for free. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- I wasn’t sure I was a fan of the real world. It seemed bleak and uninviting.
- Compliments were nice, even if they were only half nice.
- I felt alive when I was with him, wanted to cling to him and never let go. I wasted so much time believing that life had taken a crap on me and feeling sorry for myself about it. But maybe I was exactly where I was supposed to be.
- I didn’t realize that anger could taste so sweet.
- The only person that can hold you back is you.
- People are jealous when they want something that isn’t theirs. I was protective because you already yours. And you were already mine.
- I stared into his eyes. I used to think I got lost in them. But maybe I felt more found than anything.
Click Here to buy Those Summer Nights by Ivy Smoak from Amazon