March 14, 2018 2 min to read
Review: Smoke & Metal by Skyla Madi
Category : Reviews
Can Skull feel it?
His impending downfall?
There’s a war coming, and I’m at the forefront of it. I will tear New York apart looking for my brother, and I won’t stop.
Emily thinks I’m crazy, but I’d do the same for her. There is no obstruction…
That can withhold my family from me. I’ll find Joel. It’s only a matter of time…
Genre: Romantic Suspense, Dark Romance, Crime
Standalone: No – Read books 1 and 2 first And it’s a cliffhanger.
Part of a Series: Yes – Book 3 of the New York Crime Kings Series
POV: Jai and Emily
Steam Level: Warm
While the writing and story are still gripping, I’m glad that I’m reading this in the box set. Smoke & Metal is book 3 of the New York Crime Kings. At the end of book 2 Jai and Emily escape. Book 3 starts right after. This is them on the run and Jai’s continued quest for this brother. The anxiety is catching up to Jai. And so are his feelings for Emily. Overall Smoke & Metal is full of action, humor, heat, and adventure but it still doesn’t end the story. While some things are resolved then last chapters opens up for book 4. I’m not sure how many books are planned (Book 7 is coming out in a week) but i’d recommend reading this in the box set and/or maybe waiting for the story to be completed.
- “Do you have to drive so damn fast?” …“It’s a stolen car.” … “So yeah. Kinda.”
- I can’t go to prison. I’m too skinny for prison! My hair is too long and my breasts are too firm. Does it work the same as a male prison? Can I become someone’s bitch in a female prison?
- I’ve never had to sink a car before. It’s kind of fun.
- There’s a certain beauty in vulnerability you can’t witness anywhere else.
- Kitten ticks all my boxes—boxes I didn’t know I had until this very moment.
- You can’t have your heart broken if you stop giving it out to people.
- “It’s real already, Kitten. It was real the second you came to my room after your shower.”
Click here to buy Smoke & Metal by Skyla Madi from Amazon.