SUBJECT: I’m sorry (Marked Confidential)
From the Desk of His Royal Highness Prince Robert
Aly—can’t stop thinking about tonight. Never thought enemies like us would end up naked together. Again. And don’t tell me it’s not the best sex you’ve ever had.
I’m not a good man. But for the first time, I wish I were. Maybe then I’d deserve you. I don’t. Not when I come from a family like mine. All these bloody secrets…
You’re gorgeous. Clever. You call me out on my bulls**t, and I adore it.
I adore you, sweetheart.
You have your new bloke. And I’m…me. The playboy prince. We’re not meant to be together. But staying away from you is killing me, Aly. Thinking about him touching you is killing me.
I’ve no right to talk to you like this. I’m sorry. It’s the whiskey talking. This is what you do to me.
P.S.—I can’t send this. But I am thinking of you.
A Royal STANDALONE Romance!
Genre: Romance – Enemies-to-Lovers, royalty
Part of a Series: Yes – Book 2 of the Flings with Kings series
POV: Aly and Rob
Steam Level: Rather Toasty
Such a cute series! In book one of this series, Royal Ruin, we meet Aly and Rob and get some hints that they are have a secret affair. Royal Rebel shows us this affair and why/how it ended. But they keep being thrown together to help plan the wedding activities for Kit and Emily’s wedding (the couple from book one). You don’t have to have read Royal Ruin first to enjoy Royal Rebel but having done so makes this book even better. I love messages about expectations in this book: Both those you have of yourself and those that other’s put on you. The mix of seriousness, introspection and humor was well done kept it from being too serious and angsty. I look forward to seeing more of Aly and Rob (and Kit and Emily) in Princess Jane’s book. I did miss the Queen (aka Grandma) though.
- What did this mean? Were they getting serious? Did he know if she was wearing underwear or not?
- We all deserve excellence. Not nice, or good, or even really good. Excellent. Don’t you dare settle for less.
- Maybe none of us knows who the hell we are….Maybe we’re supposed to be a work in progress, you know? Like the happieness we’re after is a moving target instead of some finite destination.
- We all deserve a happy ending.
- He kissed me the way I ate an ice cream cone-savoring every bite.
Click Here to buy Royal Rebel by Jessica Peterson from Amazon. $0.99 for release week only