June 29, 2018 3 min to read
Review: Save the Date by Carrie Aarons
Category : Reviews
This is the story about what happens when you hit the big three-oh and have to make good on that pinky promise.
Personally, I think love, romance and all of that nonsense is a crock of, well, you know. And Reese Collins, the boy who used to put worms in my hair at backyard barbecues, knows that better than anyone.
But when he moves to the same city I’ve happily, and singly, inhabited for years, memories of oaths past resurface. Reese is like a dog with a bone; a really hot dog and that bone just happens to be me.
He won’t stop hounding me, and the crazy thing is, my frigid, traitorous heart is starting to cave. For my best friend.
It seems so far off, when you’re a kid playing Monopoly in your treehouse. But when that clock strikes midnight on your thirtieth birthday, and you’re standing alone in front of a grocery store-bought cupcake, a childhood deal to walk down the aisle doesn’t seem so silly
Genre: Romance – Friends-to-Lovers, Marriage pact, comedy
Part of a Series: I don’t think so but it would be fun if there was another book of the other relationship we see forming.
POV: Erin and Reese
Steam Level: Warm
Save the Date was a super cute, quick read. It was funny and heartfelt. I loved that Erin was the cynical one while Reese was the more nurturing, sensitive and romantic one. Carrie Aarons continues to write amazing stories about love and friendship. I love Erin’s independent and sarcastic nature and Reese’s more laid-back and sexy arrogance. Reading his character, you could just see him charming his way out of situations by just flashing his dimples. I loved that the characters (not just Reese and Erin, but the secondary characters as well) are blunt and use the tough love approach when necessary to cut through the other character’s (mainly Erin’s) baggage. If you’re looking a for a cute RomCom with a friends-to-lovers theme wrapped in a marriage pact made when the characters were 15 then definitely pick up Save the Date. Carrie Aarons continues to write novels full of humor, love, and memorable characters.
I received an advanced copy of this book. This is my honest and voluntary review.
Favorite Quotes: (only a few of many)
- Being with someone was conscious choice, one you made over and over again.. Even through the difficult times, through the shit. You decided to love that person despite their flaws, not because some divine intervention came in and sprinkles rainbows and unicorns over you both.
- Just because I don’t believe in love doesn’t mean I don’t believe in a good roll in the sack.
- We’ve already established I’m a catch, a pretty damn good-looking one if I do say so myself. I can take care of kids, so I’d be a great dad. And it’s be better than falling in love, because we would be partners. Best friends.
- This was the person who was put on this earth just so I could spend time with him.
- “You were just blessed with an extra nice friend to outweigh the devil inside you.”
- It’s straight out of a fairy tale. If your fairy tale involved shoes and a lot of emotional baggage.
- I may not have a penchant for romance and heart-eyes, but I could appreciate a beautiful penis.
- I’m not perfect. I don’t pretend to be. So why should my relationship be” Why should marriage be? Life was messy.
- Love can be quiet an patient. It can wait for the other person to be ready.
Click Here to buy Save the Date by Carrie Aarons from Amazon.