January 12, 2019 2 min to read
Review: Doing It Over by Catherine Bybee
Category : Reviews
Voted Most Likely to Succeed, Melanie Bartlett ended up anything but. The down-on-her-luck single mom wants a complete do-over—is that too much to ask? With her family long gone from River Bend, strong, independent Mel is as surprised as anyone to end up in the quaint small town she once called home. But with her friends, Jo and Zoe, by her side, and a comfortable room at Miss Gina’s quirky bed-and-breakfast, she just might have turned the corner on a new life.
Wyatt Gibson never liked the big city. River Bend suits the ruggedly handsome builder just fine. Wyatt knows he’s home, even if that means being charmed by the appearance of Melanie and her spunky, adorable daughter. Is Wyatt’s calm devotion—even amid a coming storm—enough to convince Mel she may have found a home to call her own, a family that never leaves, and a true love to last a lifetime?
Genre: Romance – Suspense, Small Town, Single Mom
Part of a Series; Yes Book 1 of the Most Likely To Series
POV: Mostly Melanie and Wyatt
Steam Level: Slow Burn to toasty
It’s been a while since I’ve read a Catherine Bybee and Doing It Over reminded me how much I like her writing. Doing It Over was sweet, sexy, sassy, and suspenseful. I loved Mel and her life lessons to her daughter Hope, promoting strength, endurance and never giving up while also the power of friendship and love. I cannot wait to read more of this series to see more of Melanie, Wyatt and Hope’s HEA.
- Trust is earned, not given freely. Even when it’s earned, it’s sometimes blown to tiny bits.
- “You leave high school believing you can conquer the world. Then she kicks your ass.”
- Don’t rush aging, little girl. It happens without your encouragement.
- Parenting was a bipolar disorder.
- “The good things in life are never planned,”
- “You don’t scare me.” That was unfortunate. The fact the man was lying to himself was a terrible quality.
- “Sometimes the prince doesn’t do such a great job of taking care of his princess. It’s always better for the princess to learn to take care of herself.”
- You can’t live your life for your family.
- “Guys, enough with the death threats. Jeez, I am a cop and Burton here is a Fed.”
- Tired of bullies? Learn to fight, take control, don’t allow yourself to be a victim.”
Click Here to buy Doing It Over by Catherine Bybee from Amazon