When you’re named after the king of the gods, the world expects certain things of you.
Tough? Damn right.
Smart? Don’t let the hockey uniform fool you.
Large and in charge? Honey, I’m the biggest, baddest, mother pucking-est machine to ever own the ice. I shoot. I score. In and out of the rink. I don’t come early, but I come often, if you know what I mean. And I always leave the ladies wanting more.
Until that chick last night.
I’m no one-thrust wonder, and you’re damn right I’m going to prove to her I can do better. But every time I think I’m finally on my way back into her pants, she one-ups and out-balls me.
I should cut my losses, lick my wounds, and walk away.
But Zeus Berger doesn’t walk away from anything.
Especially when she’s the only woman in the world who might be able to handle me.
The Pilot and the Puck-Up is a standalone romantic comedy featuring a hockey player whose ego is the only thing bigger than his shoe size, the most badass woman to ever fly a plane, rubber chockey (don’t ask), and no cheating or cliffhangers.
Genre: Romance – Comedy, sports
Standalone: Yes – but even better if you’ve read Pippa Grant’s other books
Part of a Series: Not officially but all of her books have interconnecting characters
POV: Zeus and Joey (aka Fireball)
Steam Level: Quite warm
This is the second book I’ve read by Pippa Grant and I like her style so much I’ve bought all the others. This book was both light but emotional, dealing with issues in such a way that you don’t even realize it. I absolutely loved Zeus and Fireball (and Aries and Bailey). Zeus is ginormous and loud and people think of him as a dumb jock but he’s really a giant teddy bear. A giant teddy bear who’s terrified of spiders, loves boy bands, reads romance and is sweet, loving, and loyal to those closest. Fireball is prickly, but only to protect herself and her sister from hurt. I just love the chemistry between these two. I stayed up way too late to finish this book and had to let it marinate before being able to review it. If you’re in the mood for fast-talking sass mixed with determination, love and coitus interuptus then The Pilot & the Puck-Up is the book for you.
- These rich mofos would shit a brick if I popped a boner in this dress.
- If you can’t be a good example, be a warning.
- The only good spider is a dead spider (I’ve said this many, many times)
- When I see a spider, I don’t fucking stop and wonder if it’s some impressive spider…I either hit it with a shoe or get my ass as far the hell away from the fucker as I can.
- Swear on my skates, her nipples are trying to grab me. Or possibly cut me-hard to tell what this woman’s intentions might be.
- Kissing Joey is better than hockey, better than pranking the shit out of anyone, better than being weightless. Which his more terrifying than a roomful of fucking spiders, that’s for damn sure.
Click Here to buy The Pilot & the Puck-Up by Pippa Grant from Amazon.