April 27, 2019 3 min to read
Review: The Deal by Natalie Wrye
Category : Reviews
In Manhattan, what I did to Jesse Somerset was mine.
Five years ago, I spent the night with my brother’s best friend.
Only he doesn’t know it.
Now he’s back in my life. In need of a phony wife.
And I know I’m going to sin again…
AUTHOR’S NOTE: This is a full-length, stand alone, brother’s best friend/forbidden romance with humor, suspense and heat. Happy Reading!
Title: The Deal
Author: Natalie Wrye
Genre: Romance – suspense, fake fiancé, best friend’s sister/brother’s best friend
Part of a Series: yes book 3 in the Manhattan Nights series
POV: Marilyn and Jesse
Although The Deal is a standalone it’s even better if you’ve read The Vow (Book 1) and The Bet (Book 2) first. The Deal takes place the week before the wedding of Brett and Elsie (The Vow) and starts just before the epilogue of The Bet and we get a glimpse of what happens with Heath and Violet after the reveal at the end of the book. You see much of Brett or Heath in The Deal and little to no glimpses of Elsie or Violet so again not necessary to read the first two books but even more fun if you have.
I enjoyed Jessie and Marilyn’s book. Natalie Wrye wove in so many elements throughout this book that I could hardly put it down. The suspense kept me hooked and guessing. If you haven’t read Natalie Wrye I suggest that you pick up this series. Manhattan Nights and The Deal especially are the perfect combination of suspense, steam, sass and angst to keep you coming back for more.
I received an advanced copy of this book. This is my honest and voluntary review.
- Truth was like the rain. It would only be put off for so long. Eventually, the showers were going to come. And you couldn’t do a damned thing to stop it.
- A guy like that-rich and handsome…Hell, cocaine-free-would make one hell of a picture on your arm.
- There was something about Marilyn. Something that I couldn’t get enough of. Something that made me want to strip all that attitude and leather off and show her how “good” I could make her instead.
- I’m many things…but I’ve never been sure if a gentleman was ever one of them.
- “I don’t know what you are…but I’m a man who can’t keep his hands off of you. Who might die if he has to spend another second not doing to you all the things he’s dreamed…”
- I know without a doubt in my mind that he will never find a more willing prey, a more ready victim dying to be devoured whole. I am his. I suspect I always was.
- You are more than what you allow yourself to be, Marilyn. You are are more thatn you can imagine.
- Shakespeare was wrong….’a rose by any other name would smell as sweet’ was a crock of shit….There were some names you struggled to remember. Others? You fought to forget. An then there wer those names that stuck to you-inserted themselves into your anatomy to become as much a part of you as any birth mark or scar….And on rose-or name, for that matter-was sweeter (or sexier) to me than the name Jesse Somerset.
- It’s something about being with Marilyn that feels like coming home. Feels like a puzzle falling into place.
- My inner flame has consumed the men I’ve encountered-eaten them whole. Jesse, on the other had, was always invigorated by it, and it was as if he fed off the fire inside of me, using it to fuel his own. We were two blazes, fires inour own right-fighting this fusion. Fighting this all-consuming urge to become one and burn the world in our inferno.
Click Here to buy The Deal by Natalie Wrye from Amazon.