September 14, 2020 3 min to read
Review: Redefining Us by Harloe Rae
Category : Reviews
Xander’s unwelcome silence haunted me for three years…
Until he suddenly resurfaces.
Blinded by misplaced fury.
Trapped in a pool of darkness.
Unable to escape the perpetual pain.
Though it would be easy to walk away, I refuse to give up on him.
I want to know his misery and torment, so I can rescue him.
Then Xander will finally be mine.
Redefining Us is the first book in the Reclusive Novel series. Each novel is a standalone and are interconnected.
Title: Redefining Us
Author: Harloe Rae
Genre: Romance – Second Chance, Military, Friends-to-Lovers
Part of a Series: Yes Book one of the Reclusive series
POV: Willow and Xander
Steam Level: toasty
Redefining Us was the only book I haven’t read by Harloe Rae. I loved seeing Willow and Xander’s love ignite and flourish Redefining Us deals with PTSD and Survivor’s Guilt and was, at times dark and emotional and not for the faint of heart. Harloe Rae did a fabulous portraying these emotions respectfully and honestly while keeping the story way less dark than it could have been. Overall I really liked getting to know Xander abs Willow better. A great debut novel by a fabulous author!
- For a single moment, as I am scrubbing myself raw, it feels like the pain is washing down the drain with layers of my flesh….I’ve temporarily reshaped any lingering evidence of the ghosts leering from the shadows.
- I might be an asshole but even I have some manners left.
- His mattress is huge and smells so delicious, I want to roll around in the sheets in hopes that the scent will cling to me.
- Her body was what kept wet dreams in business. Trust me, I would know.
- Damn though. My best friend was fine as hell.
- She’s flawless and perfect. I can’t wait to make her dirty.
- I am fucking claiming her and Willow gladly signs over her rights.
- He makes me want to be risky, brave, and strong.
- My irresponsible behavior is dangerous for my delicate heart but self-preservation has always been a weakness of mine.
- Xander steps out of the way and motions me forward. Such a gentleman. I can only hope he’ll check out my butt while he’s back there.
- Willow looks like a fallen angel that I’ve corrupted.
- I’ve always been here for you. We just got interrupted for a while.
- You’re the only one that knows your true limits and as long as you’re trying to move forward, you’re making improvements.
- I like the idea of being in control, even though I know my demons really run the show.
- Don’t let go, alright? I mean it. I can do this but I need you here. I don’t care how that makes me sound. You’re my strength when the darkness threatens to consume me.
- The sun shining through the unobstructed glass causes Willow to glow, which is extremely fitting. This woman is my angel.
- I’m going mark her again, which might be savage as hell, but I could give a fuck.
- Cheese and rice, he’s turning me into a sex addict.
- Our bodies are having a conversation far deeper than any verbal exchange could name. I feel like Xander is reciting a poem to my soul
- For a man that claims he doesn’t use words well, he sure knows his way around dirty talk.
- “I can’t deny that I love my marks covering you and knowing your pussy is flooded with my cum. I don’t give a shit if that makes me barbaric. I’ve claimed you and now you’re mine. You’ve always been mine, Wills.”
- “I will carry this burden with you. I would do anything for you, X.”
- He should have been done with combat after leaving the military but he was still waging war daily.
- Maybe we needed to drift apart in order to slam back together.
- I see eternity in her eyes as I get lost in her stare.
- I see you in front of me and I want every single piece, no matter how jagged. Every crack, hole, divot, and defect is a part of you that I wouldn’t change.
Click Here to buy Redefining Us by Harloe Rae